Instantly get help with your Family Law issue. NON-LAWYERS. Office: St Augustine.
Let us guide you through the process.
Definitely. I have dealt with many attorneys over the years and I must say there is one consistent complaint that clients have (as well as myself) and that is poor customer service to include days and weeks with getting nothing done/filed/returned. Phone calls not returned, clients not updated on case events/deadlines, uninterested and sometimes rude staff. Simply put, clients often feel they are disposable and there is no empathy for their situation. Consider these numbers for the cost of Florida Divorce Attorneys' services: The average cost of a contested divorce in the State of Florida is $13,500.
"Non-marital assets and liabilities” include:
1. Assets acquired and liabilities incurred by either party prior to the marriage, and assets acquired and liabilities incurred in exchange for such assets and liabilities;
2. Assets acquired separately by either party by non-interspousal gift, bequest, devise, or descent, and assets acquired in exchange for such assets;
3. All income derived from non-marital assets during the marriage unless the income was treated, used, or relied upon by the parties as a marital asset;
4. Assets and liabilities excluded from marital assets and liabilities by valid written agreement of the parties, and assets acquired and liabilities incurred in exchange for such assets and liabilities; and
5. Any liability incurred by forgery or unauthorized signature of one spouse signing the name of the other spouse. Any such liability shall be a non-marital liability only of the party having committed the forgery or having affixed the unauthorized signature. In determining an award of attorney’s fees and costs pursuant to s. 61.16, the court may consider forgery or an unauthorized signature by a party and may make a separate award for attorney’s fees and costs occasioned by the forgery or unauthorized signature. This subparagraph does not apply to any forged or unauthorized signature that was subsequently ratified by the other spouse.
Feel like you can't afford a divorce? *If you and your spouse make less than 60,000 per year together, we offer special pricing for you. Just call and ask us about this special offer.
On average, an uncontested divorce takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks to come to Final Judgment once all paperwork is filed. Contested divorces can take up to a year or more depending on how many issues are at hand. At Peacemaker Mediation we can meet you at your convenience for a consultation to look at your specific situation or sometimes clients have already come to terms on most matters and a mediation/document preparation session is scheduled. We never ask our clients to sign on the same day as mediation - you receive a draft of your Agreement within 48 hours. Once you approve your Agreement, a signing is scheduled and we file the same or next business day.
No. Unlike a Florida divorce attorney in Saint Augustine, we do not require retainer fees. The average retainer fee for an attorney in St Johns County for a Family Law attorney is $2,500.00. Every phone call and email eats at this retainer fee so you can see how this can drive the cost of a divorce up. So whether you're looking for a Florida divorce attorney in Saint Augustine or a Florida divorce attorney in Palm Coast, try us first - we look forward to talking with you about affordable solutions.